Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great day!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Emmy Awards 2011

Ok, I didn't get to see the Emmy Awards but I just had to rummage through the internet to look for the red carpet looks that hit and miss the mark of the night. So I'll go down the list of who I liked and disliked the most:

Disliked:
Drew Barrymore- I love you but your Givenchy Haute Couture dress had schizophrenic tendencies and did nothing your curvy figure. As for the colour it washed her out, make up and hair were nice though.

Christine Hendricks- wore Johanna Johnson. The beadwork was impeccable and I loved the top part but the train was too heavy and took away from the dress.

Gweneth Paltrow- What were you thinking, please tell me. The black lace with nude lining and midriff bearing dress by Emilio Pucci tsk tsk. I missed her usual polished look. She totally missed the mark with this one

Heidi Clum- wore Christian Siriano. It looked like a can can dancers dress.

Jayn Mays from Glee- wore a pale pink tiered Zuhair Murad gown, it was too close to her complexion colour and a little too sweet for my taste but that's just me.

Liked:


Nina Dobreve- from CW Vampire Diaries was a siren in a red number by Donna Karan

Elie Saab reigned in the Awards last night- Kate Winslet in a red cap sleeved v-neck gown that fit her to perfection, Emily Blunt in a midnight blue v-neck gown more on the whimsical side but gorgeous all the same and Evan Rachel Wood in a black cap sleeved dress with a train, it was stunning and her styling suit the dress as well.

Julia Stiles- wore a lavender lace George Hobeika gown it was beautifully draped and conformed to her body like a second skin.

Head on over to http://www.eonline.com/  and look at Fashion Police reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment