Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great day!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Golden Globe Awards 2016 Red Carpet

The Award season has begun and I'm intrigued to see what the choices will be this year. Some go with trend, some vintage and others.... well they go to their own beat. There are the few stars that set the pace and always take center stage no matter what they wear and usually don't disappoint. I usually write my take on the best and the worst but I think I'll just stick to the the ones who wowed.

Emilia Clarke- now I now some of you may raise an eyebrow but hear me out. It's subtle yet dramatic with high neckline and cape and sheer overlay with textured detailing is a modern twist on her character in Game of Thrones. It's so regal and elegant, I love it. What do you think?















Jada Pinkett Smith in and emerald Atelier Versace dress, need I say more as it's all said in the picture.

















 All hail Jennifer Lopez. She never fails to hold us in awe of her presence in her yellow Giambattista Valli gown with a cape to add more drama to the flawless look.



















Amy Adams in an orange Atelier Versace. Simple yet effective and perfectly fit.

















Jenna Dewan Tatum looked absolutely stunning in this Zuhair Murad (one of my favourite designers) navy dress with plunging neckline with just right amount of sparkle and who can resist pockets in an evening gown. 
















Lily James in a modern spin of  a Grecian dress by Marchesa.


















Zendaya in this intricate tiered,wine coloured gown. The colour complimented her and it was youthful and fresh.

















Saoirse Ronan also wore a Grecian number designed by Yves Saint Laurent.

















The Golden Globes really sets the mode for the rest of Award season and the volume was taken up a notch by one or two but it's mostly simple silhouettes with a twist. Though quite a lot played on the romantic side. These are my favourites of the night. What were yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment